CPSA is promoting the Construction CPD RoadSeminar Tour 2014, with the next event taking place in Edinburgh on 22nd May.
CPD - Continuing Personal or Professional Development - is a commitment to structured skill enhancement and personal or professional competence.
CPSA currently offers industry professionals a choice of three CPD-accredited presentations and CPSA will focus on "Surface Water Management using proprietary precast concrete SuDS systems" at the event in Edinburgh on 22nd May.
The event takes place at the Edinburgh Marriott in Glasgow Road. The first seminar starts at 10.15 and the final seminar concludes at 3.50pm. Attendance is free of charge and delegates are welcome to attend as many sessions as they wish.
The seminar programme and booking form can be downloaded here. Further details and booking information is available from Construction CPD Certification Service at 020 8840 4383; firstname.lastname@example.org; and www.cpduk.co.uk.
The largest and most prestigious Water Industry Achievement Awards to date took place on Tuesday 1st April where 470 of the water sectors finest came together at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole for an outstanding night of celebration, networking and entertainment.
CPSA is pleased to have supported the event as sponsor for the Most Innovative Use of an Existing Technology category, won by APEM and United Utilities. Congratulations to APEM’s Stuart Clough and United Utilities’ Dave Champness seen collecting the award from CPSA Director Stuart Crisp (left) and host Patrick Monahan (right).
Congratulations to all 2014 winners:
- Carbon Reduction Initiative of the Year: Thames Water
- Community Project of the Year: Northumbrian Water Group
- Customer Satisfaction Initiative of the Year: United Utilities
- Data Project of the Year: Wessex Water
- Engineer of the Year: Anthony Thomas, 4Delivery
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year: Thames Water
- Most Innovative New Technology of the Year: Severn Trent Water, Echologics and Loughborough University
- Most Innovative Use of an Existing Technology: APEM and United Utilities
- Partnership Initiative of the Year: Southern Water, PN Daly and RPS Water
- People Initiative of the Year: Balfour Beatty
- Sustainable Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year: Morgan Sindall plc, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water & Ove Arup
- Water Resource Mananagement Initiative of the Year: Balfour Beatty
- Outstanding Innovation 2014: Severn Trent Water,Echologics and Loughborough University
- Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Water Industry: Geraint Williams, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
Updated: 20 Reasons to use Concrete booklet This revised CPD and CIWEM certificated booklet identifies advantages of concrete pipeline systems over other materials and why they are the most suitable choice in the short and long term. New information has been added following changes in Standards, legislation, introduction of new innovations and the development of a range of precast concrete SuDS components. Free copies are available as part of the CPD seminar programme or you can download a copy now.
CPSA is pleased to announce the introduction of a new Type 2 concrete pipe lifter, suitable for offloading and installing larger pipes DN1350 to DN2000. The Type 2 lifter is available from, Klepp Mek AS, a manufacturer working in collaboration with CPSA and Basal, a Norwegian supplier of concrete water and drainage products.
Klepp Mek’s contact details can be found on the main concrete pipe lifter web page
Watch the video