Precast Concrete Rainwater Harvesting Tank
What is a Rainwater Harvesting Tank?
Rainwater Harvesting Tanks provide storage of surface water arising from domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural developments that can be subsequently used for a range of general non-potable applications. Rainwater harvesting can help relieve the demand for clean water on our water infrastructure and can help reduce flood risk in overloaded drainage networks.
Why use precast concrete Rainwater Harvesting Tanks?
- They are a strong and durable offsite solution with a proven long service life.
- They are not prone to flotation in flood and high groundwater situations and can be installed without ballasting during construction.
- They may be backfilled with excavated soil and do not normally require a costly concrete or granular surround.
- If installed in trafficked areas, the precast tank is designed to carry loads from the surface which means that the design and installation of precast concrete Rainwater Harvesting Tanks is a simple, efficient and straightforward process.
- They can be installed using conventional methods and unlike some other materials, do not need complicated construction design details that are complicated and costly to build.
- They are versatile and can be manufactured in a variety of sizes and configurations to suit the specifics of a design.
For more information about Rainwater Harvesting Tanks, please contact a contact a BPDA member.
|View More||View More|