Precast Concrete Flow Control Chambers
What is a Flow Control Chamber?
Flow control chambers are part of a surface water drainage system and can be used to manage discharges from new developments. They may also be retro-fitted to existing systems. The chamber accommodates a choice of flow controls and combinations and is designed to mitigate the risk of flooding, erosion and environmental damage.
Why use precast concrete flow control chambers?
- They are a strong and durable offsite solution with a proven long service life.
- They are not prone to flotation in flood and high groundwater situations and can be installed without ballasting during construction.
- They are designed to carry the traffic loads transferred directly from the access cover/frame which means that installation of precast concrete flow control chambers is a simple and straightforward process.
- They can be installed using conventional methods and unlike some other materials, do not need complicated construction design details that are complicated and costly to build.
- They are versatile and can be manufactured in a variety of sizes and configurations to suit the specifics of a design.
For more information about flow control chambers, please contact a contact a BPDA member.
|View More||View More||View More|